Monday, April 6, 2009

Raging Bull

I recently watched Raging Bull. I thought the movie was awesome. It gave me that suspension of disbelief where I felt as if i were actually watching the events taking placing instead of consciously being aware that i was watching a television screen. The fight scenes weren't particularly great, especially the way the blood came squirting out; it was weird. The acting was great, expecially in the scene where Jake is asking his brother if he had sex with his wife. They both had the exact same reactions that real people would. Anyway, I enjoyed the movie and I think Mr. Bennett should give it another chance.

3 comments:

  1. This is also a movie that I want to see but haven't gotten around to it. This review brings it to mind again so I will have to get to it soon. Glad you liked it Rob.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the movie was great. The acting was amazing, like you said, but i actually loved the fight scenes. They are weird though, not typical, but I thought they worked. Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will. You and Shiran have convinced me that I've been too close-minded about Scorcese. I'll watch this one over the break, if I get a chance.

    ReplyDelete